The Universe and Me

Friday, June 29, 2007

and a time to every purpose

Movie: Peaceful Warrior. I haven’t ready any of Dan Millman’s books, so I didn’t know what to expect from this movie but I found it to concern something that’s been increasingly on my mind. Or something I’ve been trying more to focus on: living in the present. If there’s someone who’s stuck in the past, it’s me, that’s for sure. Think I’ve been that way since I was ten. Lately I’ve been hearing more about and trying to learn how to live in the present. Not easy to do when the present is a painful place and somewhere you’d like to get out of. But, it’s the everyday, ordinary things that we need to remind ourselves to enjoy. Stop focusing on the desired outcome and focus on the process. The goal shouldn’t be the finished project because after you’ve finished, then what? The goal needs to be the doing of something, whatever it might be. Some quotes:

  • A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does.
  • The journey is what brings us happiness not the destination.
  • The ones who are hardest to love are usually the ones who need it the most.
  • There is no starting or stopping - only doing.
  • It's the journey, not the destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home