The Universe and Me

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm walkin' yes indeed

If you want to calculate how walker-friendly your neighbourhood is, visit Walk Score. Enter your address and the site will calculate, seemingly based on how close proximity you are to something worth walking to. Living smack-dab in the middle of town, my walk score is 92 out of 100 which they say is a "Walker's Paradise: Most errands can be accomplished on foot and many people get by without owning a car." Here's how close I am to major places:

Grocery Stores - 0.13 Mi
Restaurants - 0.1 Mi
Bars - 0.21 Mi
Movie Theaters - 0.31 Mi
Schools - 0.18 Mi
Parks - 0.3 Mi
Libraries - 0.18 Mi
Bookstores - 0.28 Mi
Drug Stores - 0.21 Mi
Hardware Stores - 0.42 Mi
Clothing & Music - 0.19 Mi

My only gripe is they neglected the park that's right across the street from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home