The Universe and Me

Friday, February 26, 2016

C'est Banana

Movie: The Minions. I'm not a fan of animation, but this was so huge and my little great nephews love the minions, so I thought I'd give it a try. Best thing about it: killer soundtrack since it was set in 1968. Happy Together, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Break on Through to the Other Side, Hair, You Really Got Me, Purple Haze, The Letter, My Generation, Got to Get You Into My Life, Mellow Yellow. Always an Ab Fab fan, I appreciated Jennifer Saunders voicing the Queen. I kept waiting for The Beatles cameo and was not disappointed. They were partially seen crossing Abbey Road, albeit a year too soon. Unless they used this zebra crossing regularly. I didn't find the Minions voices irritating. It seemed nice that Cousin Itt and the Jawas from Star Wars have found some voice over work after all these years. I'm not sure what this movie and its sequels in the Despicable Me series mean to children, though. Searching for an evil ruler to serve seems odd.
ETA: I let the ending go for a few minutes and caught a few extra scenes but once the credits started, I stopped the DVD. My mistake. After the credits finish, they return with one final song, The Beatles Revolution. Don't miss it, as I did.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home