The Universe and Me

Saturday, March 23, 2013

An Idiot Abroad Season 1

Some of  my favorite lines from Karl (and Ricky and Steve)'s series where Karl visits the seven wonders of the world and whines:

  • They wreck everything. They make everything weird. 
  • He's scared to go to China in case he gets a taste for toad.
  • Their alphabet is like someone testing out a biro.
  • Everything we've gone, the did it weirder. 
  • Everything's sort of hazy, like some Kate Bush video.
  • I don't think I've ever felt this lost, even in Wales. 
  • Was that a masssage or was I just mugged?
  • Where's the line between food and insect?
  • Just the weirdness of China, that tires you out on its own.
  • This ain't a place where they need an iPod.
  • It goes on for miles over hills. So does the M6 and that does a job.
  • It's not the Great Wall. It's an alright wall.
  • I've never said to you, "I'll have a bit of toad."
  • You don't normally have to have a fire extinguisher on standby when you're having a massage.
  • I'm not going on a camel again.
  • I didn't come here for a Latin lesson.
  • What do you put down as an address? The Cave? 
  • My eyes have never been so busy.
  • They just overload the bike so much that you just think "get a van."
  • I'm getting bills for Karl Pilkington so I hope I'm him."
  • I think I've seen a fish with three heads.
  • I'm not gonna use a pyramid.
  • Chocolate eggs, that's what Easter is. Take the eggs away, it's Friday.
  • Why have we got a day for pancakes?
  • It's like everyone's daring each other to do something stupid.
  • You don't get that fat from wasp larvae.
  • I'm half tempted to fall over, like that woman, get a lift home.
  • It's like something out of Planet of the Apes.
  • It's like a game of jenga that's got out of hand.
  • Is it normal to have sweaty ears?
  • Me ears haven't stopped since I've been here.
  • I've never watched Tarzan and thought I'd love to go there on holiday. 
  • It's a hard life to be a stick insect.
  • No matter where you live, there's a nutter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home