The Universe and Me

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cold as ice to me

One of the times I visited Niagara Falls, the American side was nearly frozen over. I took a photograph of it but don't know where that is now. The weird part was that it was the beginning of May. While I don't remember that winter and spring being exceptionally cold, I do remember being disappointed that the Falls weren't roaring down the hillside. But I'm more of a summer type of person. Some winter enthusiasts would probably be thrilled to see the Falls frozen. It's happened a few times in history. 1848 and also both very cold winters of 1911 and 1912. At that time people walked across the Falls until the ice broke and three people lost their lives. After that it didn't seem like a good idea anymore. The above picture looks similar to when I visited, although not in color and obviously all those people weren't there when I was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home