The Universe and Me

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Twilight, time to dream awhile

First I must say I enjoyed the Twilight books and first three movies but while watching "Breaking Dawn Part 2" I found myself thinking "This is really dumb" and "I hope it's over soon." So, what was the problem? Too much of CG effects? I know they wanted it from vampire Bella's point of view but was there no way to realistically portray this? During the too long "battle," we started laughing that heads were being flipped back like Pez dispensers. Not the reaction producers and directors wanted, I'm sure. For the first twenty minutes the repetition of "Twinkle twinkle little star" music in the background (or possibly in my head) annoyed me. There was no subplot whatsoever, which could have easily been accomplished by incorporating Meyer's "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner." That would have played on our emotions since her story is heartbreaking. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home