The Universe and Me

Thursday, May 26, 2016

You're gonna need a bigger room

Movie: Room. I thought this was very well done. While some claustrophobic people may have had difficulty watching the first part where the action is enclosed in 11x11 or less, it didn't bother me. The acting was wonderful, especially Ma and Jack (Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay.) The little boy emoted so well, often without saying anything. I haven't read the book so I don't know how it compares. The only thing that bothered me was the reporter/interviewer and her stupid question of didn't Ma think she should have given Jack to Old Nick to take anonymously to a hospital so Jack could have a better/normal life and Ma's response which was to question herself and send her into a downward spiral, not helped by PTSD as it was. I was hoping Ma would defend herself and say, hey! How could I possibly know Nick wouldn't have immediately killed the child? The question was totally unreasonable and the correct answer missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home