The Universe and Me

Thursday, December 08, 2005

In the middle of a cloud

This being the 25th anniversary of Mr Lennon's murder, they've been discussing him and playing his songs this morning on Radio 2. Since I was born sometime in the 60s, he was a huge influence on my life. Because he was the intelligent one, of course he was my favourite Beatle. I was in school when I found out he'd been killed. There was a note on the bulletin board. For weeks later a lot of the guys wore black armbands. All this time later, it still seems impossible of a thing to have happened. He gave us some great music, with and without the Beatles. In alphabetical order, here are the solo songs I like best:
  • #9 dream
  • Dear Yoko
  • Gimme some truth
  • Give peace a chance
  • God
  • Happy xmas
  • How do you sleep
  • Imagine
  • Instant karma
  • Mind games
  • Nobody told me
  • Power to the people
  • Watching the wheels
  • Whatever gets you through the night
  • Woman is the nigger of the world

3 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We've been talking about that a lot in chorus lately. We're going to be singing his "Happy Christmas" song at out chorus concert next week.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, December 09, 2005, Blogger Mrs Vee said…

    That's so cool. That song is beautiful. Other than that and "Imagine," do you know any of Lennon's other songs?

     
  • At 3:30 PM, December 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't recognize any of the other songs on your list. Of course I know quite a few songs from the Beatles, but I'm not sure if I've heard any others just by Lennon. If I have, I can't think of any right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home