The Universe and Me

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Something Completely Different

With a title like that, the post has to be about Monty Python. A few weeks ago during a movie drought, I watched the Holy Grail again. I don't know the last time I saw it. Many years ago. The first time I saw it was in the mid 1970s on the late late movie. Here's some quotes:
  • It is I, Arthur, King of the Britons.
  • And this is my trusty servant, Patsy.
  • Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
  • Bring out your dead!
  • I thought we were an autonomous collective.
  • Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
  • You can’t expect to wield supreme executive power just cause some watery tart threw a sword at you.
  • Come and see the violence inherent in the system.
  • I’m being repressed.
  • Sir Not Appearing in This Film.
  • Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
  • Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Run away, run away!
  • 5 is right out.
  • Suddenly the animator suffered a fatal heart attack.
  • There’s the old man from scene 24.
  • What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favourite colour? What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  • You have to know these things when you’re king, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home