The Universe and Me

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What were they thinking? Take 7

Movie: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Chick flick. The pants, a pair of Levi’s that the girls hope will positively influence their young lives, seem more of a gimmick and have little to do with the action. Instead, the movie concerns the events of a summer in the lives of four teen friends, three of whom travel, and how their lives are changed by what happens, not by the pants. The one girl, Tibby, reminded me of an Arquette. I don’t know if Amber Tamblyn is related in any way, but she could be. Wherever they shot in Greece was gorgeous and I wish I could spend a summer there. The Romeo & Juliet family feud and the shy girl coming out of her shell and becoming a gorgeous babe stuff was a little clichéd. I suppose the leukemia part was too, but having had two classmates who died from it, that storyline got to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home