The Universe and Me

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Floating fast like a Hummingbird

My favourite current song (excluding anything off the "Í takt við tímann" soundtrack) is Wilco's "Hummingbird." Go figure. They started playing it a couple months ago on Radio 2 and everytime it came on, I'd think who's that? What's that song? I finally googled some lyrics and was shocked to discover the artist. Wilco? They're not anything, are they? Eventually I decided I better find out and listened to some Amazon samples of other songs of theirs. The samples were not impressive. I listened to Morning Becomes Eclectic's set of them (http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?show_code=mb&air_date=11/17/04&tmplt_type=show) but only the "Hummingbird" song stood out. If they'd like to write some more like that one, I'd like to listen.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I shall have to listen to that song. I've heard of the group through Ben, he likes them. Their show was sold out in Cleveland so I figure they must be popular.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, March 25, 2005, Blogger Mrs Vee said…

    Listen/watch their set on MBE and let me know what you think, as in: is "Hummingbird" truly the only gem? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention or haven't heard the songs enough, or enough songs. I don't want to write off the rest of the band's work too soon. Especially not if they do have other songs like this one.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, March 29, 2005, Blogger graceInk said…

    Well, I just listened to it ... finally. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed. I mean, it was ok, I guess they're pretty good. The hummingbird song didn't stand out that much to me. Maybe I have too many others things on my mind...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home