The Universe and Me

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Love's Abiding Promise

Movie: "Love's Abiding Promise." This falls into the category of Not My Thing but I decided to watch it anyway. Surprisingly it was more watchable than it could have been. Which is another way for saying it could have been so much worse, I guess. Based on the book of the same name by Janette Oke and directed by Michael Landon Jr so there was more than a slight feeling of being transported back to "Little House." Oh, the bonnets! Oh, the humanity! Was that Charlize Theron's older sister as the (not at all evil) step-mother? The message was okay, nothing hit-me-over-the-head. But Suitor #1, I believe his name might have been Grant, enunciated far too much to be taken seriously. Did he take elocution lessons from Angelique of "Dark Shadows?" I will loan this video to my sister Lori and my Mom, as it's more their Thing. Here's hoping Mom can overcome her fear of the dvd player.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, March 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You watched that?!?! Interesting... I thought of getting it for my mom to watch, but haven't yet, maybe I shall

     

Post a Comment

<< Home