The Universe and Me

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Find Your Spot

The website www.findyourspot.com takes you through a series of questions about your interests and geographical likes and then determines where in the States would be best for you to live. I must have caught it in a bad mood. Strange nowhere in New England was mentioned. Here are the towns it picked for me:

  • Anchorage, Alaska – This was their #1 choice? Are they kidding me? I’m sure the landscape is very beautiful but really! Jean said recently Al was reading a book about Alaska and it mentioned the ratio of men to women being “the odds are good but the goods are odd.”
  • Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – Isn’t this near Three Mile Island? Mutant city!
  • Albany, New York
  • Ogden, Utah – Osmondville?
  • Olympia, Washington – I’ve never been to Washington state, so I can’t comment on what it might be like.
  • Grand Rapids, Michigan – I’ve definitely been to Grand Rapids but saw nothing there worth sticking around for. No offense to happy Grand Rapiders.
  • Duluth, Minnesota – Leave someplace that’s cold and miserable for another place that’s even colder and more miserable? I think my great-grandparents did that.
  • Idaho Falls, Idaho – Sounds like the middle of nowhere defined.
  • Carlisle, Pennsylvania – Still too close to 3MI.
  • Tacoma or Spokane, Washington
  • Syracuse, New York – Okay, this site is joking with me, isn’t it? Two of my college boyfriends were from there, although I don’t think either one lives there now. Still, orange is not that great.
  • Roanoke, Virginia – One of my college roommates lived there a few years. Didn’t stay. Not sure if that was a reflection on the place.
  • Altoona, Pennsylvania – Isn’t Patty originally from Altoona?
  • Fort Collins, Colorado – Now we’re talking. And close to Bo, too. Make up the guest room kids!
  • Ocala or Gainesville, Florida – Never had any wish to even visit Florida.
  • Biloxi-Gulfport, Mississippi – Chris lived in Jackson for a few years and I always wondered, and believed I asked, how. But being King of the Extrovert Peoples, he could fit in anywhere. Me, not so much.
  • Provo-Orem, Utah – More Mormons. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
  • Seattle, Washington – Where the hills are green as green. I’m guessing the guys aren’t all young Bobby Shermans and I’m no Bridget Hanley. Might be nice, though.
  • Tallahassee, Florida – And become a Tallahassee Lassie? Too funny.
  • Loveland, Colorado – If the name says it all, we may have a winner.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Duluth has a statue of Leif Eriksson. Not as impressive as the one in Reykjavik. See: http://www.justcoffeeart.com/Islandsvinur.html. The top pic is the statue in Iceland. Duluth's is about the 4th pic down. He's holding an Icelandic flag. Maybe this findyourspot site knows you better than you think!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home