The Universe and Me

Monday, May 30, 2005

Red Green Quotes

Bo mentioned that her son is a Red Green fan. Since my local PBS station stopped carrying the show a few years ago, it's been a while since I've seen it. Steve Smith says this upcoming season, the fifteenth, will be the last. I remember watching Smith & Smith, the sketch comedy show he did with his wife Morag, back in the 1980s. Red Green was just a segment of that, and not one of my favourites. He was usually out fishing alone in the middle of a lake, just talking. The other Possum Lodge characters added a missing dimension and it took off. Here are some funny quotes:
  • Be the best you can be... considering.
  • "Vegetarian" is an old Indian word meaning "I don't hunt so good."
  • If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
  • I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
  • The Red Green Show is kind of like the flu; not everybody gets it.
  • Remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
  • We now come to the part of the show called "If it ain't broke, you're not trying!"
  • When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
  • Things don't get better as they get older. Look at your truck. Look at your roof. Look in the MIRROR!
  • The handyman's Secret Weapon... Duct Tape!
  • Uh, this is only temporary...unless it works.
  • If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
  • Keep your stick on the ice.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home