The Universe and Me

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

24: 11 pm - 12 am

24: 11 pm – 12 am. I had this strange feeling that Air Force One was going to crash land on the island of “Lost” and my two favourite shows would merge. When Mr & Mrs Hippy Camper needed the combination to the football, I said to the TV, “Use Hurley’s numbers!” And I couldn’t help wondering if *76144 opens Locke’s locked hatch. Now Mike Novick is back, pushing the wimpy son of tricky Dick VP to be sworn in. Do we even know the extent of Keeler’s injuries? Were those voices in his head the Veep appeared to be listening to? He’s way too Nixonesque to trust. Mr & Mrs Hippy Camper must be extremely heavy sleepers not to hear half a plane fall around their tent. I know I’ll sleep better knowing Buchanan and Michelle aren’t as happenin’ as she led Tony to believe. Mrs Hippy Camper should catch up to speed by watching the previous episodes. She’s willing to trust Jack because “he’s kept us alive this far.” Oh honey, talk to Dina. That’s right, you can’t because Dina’s dead. And then she fumbles the football and the seemingly omnipresent Marwan picks it up. And Jack praises her efforts. Must be he knows Audrey’s ardour is cooling and he needs a backup. Audrey’s clipped her hair back again. Don’t think we haven’t noticed the changing hairstyle just because we didn’t mention it until now. The continuity crew is pooped, aren’t they? Interesting the still awol Heller wanted (pretty much ordered) Jack in the field. The football’s missing pages wouldn’t be akin to page 61 of Lolita now, would they? I appreciated the phrase “passive triangulation” even if I have no idea what it means. Main gripe: not enough snarkin’ Chloe.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, April 13, 2005, Blogger graceInk said…

    That's right, I don't remember much of Chloe at all in that episode ... grrrrrr

     
  • At 11:47 AM, April 13, 2005, Blogger 9ptcircle said…

    Your show reviews crack me up, even if I haven't seen the show and have no idea what you are talking about! My favorites so far: "The Fake Agent Drake should have realised CTU agents are not that sloppy and drywall isn't that thick." That and "The continuity crew are pooped aren't they." Or do people who call shopping carts trolleys call them favourites?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home