The Universe and Me

Monday, April 04, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

Movie: Hotel Rwanda. A must-see, not just for the message, but also for the performance of Don Cheadle as Paul Rsomethingunpronounceable who tries to maintain composure during the horrific genocide. Here's the guy you want in charge of public relations. The one who knows who to bribe and with what. The Hutus versus the Tutsis sounds like it should be the plot to a lame "Star Trek" episode. Sadly, not so. Nick Nolte mumbled a few lines of an otherwise solid performance. I found Paul's wife annoying with her clinginess and neediness. Considering what was going on, the woman had every reason to behave that way. But I'm Swedish and we have to be self-reliant, no matter what the circumstances.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, April 04, 2005, Blogger graceInk said…

    I didn't find the wife that clingy - in fact I really liked her performance. I agree with you on Don Cheadle's acting, he was very good. Every time I see a movie like this, I just can't believe people's cruelty. It's very sad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home