The Universe and Me

Thursday, April 28, 2005

National Treasure

Movie: National Treasure. The past few years I’ve been more hesitant to proclaim “Nicholas Cage is a hack!” because he’s turned out some good performances in good movies. While this movie unashamedly borrows from “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and The Da Vinci Code, it’s forgivable because it’s clever and entertaining. It’s only towards the end that Nic’s sidekick becomes a little annoying and unrealistic, as if the writers got a bit tired. Cage’s expression when exiting the elevator to return nonchalantly to the gala was wonderful. And nice jump into the Hudson. I also liked the lines, “This is not a day for ‘uh’” and one that went something like “Here’s to the men who did what was considered wrong in order to do what they knew was right.” Back in junior high school we had to memorise a section of The Declaration of Independence. I can still recite most of it, though I admit a section near the end trips me up. My sister Lori reminded me yesterday that we are somehow related (through Dad’s side, obviously) to Benjamin Franklin. While I’m not inventive, I do have an extremely independent nature and will always question authority.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home